Ashley
I've been thinking a lot lately about how God's ways aren't our ways (Isaiah 55:8), and how this seems like such a tough lesson to learn. I think it would give us a lot of peace and freedom if we could live in this truth daily.

1 Corinthians 1:18-31 speaks of how the wisdom of the world is foolishness to God. Our very salvation hinges on the cross, which is foolish in the world's eyes, but is the very wisdom of God. We need to live each day with confidence in the Lord, knowing as we seek Him that His ways are above our own. I am so happy He loves me enough to not allow my life to go the way I think it ought. I want His way, even if it's tough, or I don't understand it, or I can't fathom the outcome. It is simply the best way.

It keeps us walking by faith, it keeps us humble, and it keeps us perpetually seeking Him when we want to walk in His will. We trust God for our salvation, so we need to trust Him each day of our lives, even for the small, seemingly insignificant issues of life. As verse 31 says, our job is to "glory in the Lord." We have it easy! Enjoy Him in all His glory, which includes His magnificent love for you. He is infinite worth. He Himself is our reward (Genesis 15:1).
0 Responses

Post a Comment